Hang Loose and what not...

Friday, November 02, 2007

t minus 1


With one day until the bozeman bouldering competition I feel confident that this weekend is going to kick ass. About a month ago when I was climbing in the gym in bozeman I ran into Theo's friend Shaner, which was serendipitous to say the least (not to mention humorous to find out that he is the one who picked out and packed my hold shipment from so ill...). Running into Shaner foretells potential of getting hooked up in a decent climbing community and this weekend at the bouldering comp should cater to that hope nicely. Plus, my meager great falls efforts have actually yielded quite surprising results. My rag tag garage gym has attracted a nice entourage of highly motivated "newbs." It is super fun to climb with 5 or 6 people regularly and especially watch people get psyched to keep coming back for more-- a fact that slightly insinuates that my obsession isn't so clinical after all. I have been taking advantage of the company to get in shape for the intermediate bracket at the competition. The difficulty range is v2 to v5 and I can now climb comfortably in that spectrum, so hopefully I won't make a total try-hard out of myself. Either way, I look forward to meeting some cool people and getting to climb. When it's all said and done, I suppose it's back to club garage for a winter of plastic and plywood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home